To help you juggle your work and personal life, even if you work remotely, here are six tips from a few highly-motivated HubSpot marketing managers. While the tips below work well for in-office employees, these can be especially helpful if you’re working remotely and finding it hard to separate your work life from your personal life.
1. Set hard-stops for each workday. Whether you work in the office or at home, it is important to maintain hard stop hours for your workday. Otherwise, you can find yourself working 10+ hours everyday and not have a life outside of work.
2. Make time for self-care and breaks each day. Just like you would if you worked in the office, if you are working from home, you should blocking time on your calendar for breaks or short self-care activities, such as taking a walk.
3. Be transparent with your manager and colleagues about your personal-life boundaries. To achieve this note your work and off-work hours on your company’s internal calendar. Additionally, you should also talk to your manager to come up with a schedule that enables you to experience and manage important moments in your personal life.
4. Prioritize and audit your to-do list. Create a to-do list that contains prioritization tactics and audit your list to ensure that you’re working efficiently.
5. Schedule time off as needed. Taking time off can help you eliminate stress while also adhering to your personal life. Taking time off could be for vacations, travel, even staycations where you stay in and spend time with loved ones. Or simply to relax, video call friends, binge some TV, and perform self-care.
6. Physically separate work from your personal life. If you work from home, the lines between work and life can get incredibily blurry, therefore its a great idea to have a dedicated workspace that allows you to be focused and productive.
*Courtesy of Blog.hubspot.com