Information current as of: 4/9/2020
As more information becomes available, this resource page will be updated.
Q: Is Mountain West Financial open?
A: Yes! While we are abiding by all shelter in place mandates as well as taking actions on precautionary measures and social distancing, we are open and excited to continue our mission of making homeownership a reality!
For years, we have prided ourselves on our excellent technology platform that has allowed us to have MWF Team Members deployed and working remotely. We have expanded these time-tested methods to much of our team and locations.
Q: Is now a good time to refinance or purchase a home?
A: Rates are still at an all time loan if you are looking to refinance your home or to purchase a new home. We have digital technology tools set up that allow us to complete your mortgage process securely and electronically.
Q: How do I apply for a home loan?
A: Visit your local Loan Officer’s website, and select the "Apply Now" button on their page. This will take you through our secure online application that includes the ability to securely upload documents, and link available employment, and banking information. We facilitate many of the required loan documents through an e-signing process to give you a fully digital experience.
Q: I have a hardship due to the COVID-19 pandemic – who should I talk to about my mortgage payment?
A: Please call our Customer Care line at (877) 841-0497 and one of our team members will be happy to review your personal situation and advise you on your options, our servicing and payment center has also been updated with current information regarding options available during this time, please log in to https://mwf.servicingdivision.com for more information. We are here to help! It is imparative that you speak with someone in our Customer Care team before skipping a mortgage payment so we can ensure no unintended late fees are incurred and no mortgage lates are reported on your credit report.
Q: What is the forbearance process if I am unable to make my mortgage payment due to COVID-19?
A: If you’re currently unable to make your payment due to COVID-19, you can apply for forbearance to pause your payments. You must contact the customer care team for full details and to discuss your specific options. We have included as example of the process below:
- Heather Homeowner - $1,200 Monthly Mortgage Payment Due April 1st.
- Apply for a mortgage loan forbearance through loan servicer (not all forbearance application will be approved).
- If 3 Month forbearance is approved, no payment is due April, May, or June until July 1st.
- July 1st Payment - $4,800 total due. Forbearance payments from April-June ($3,600) + July’s monthly payment ($1,200) are ALL due.
Q: Is Mountain West Financial abiding by the temporary ban on foreclosures and evictions?
A: Yes, we are ensuring that we abide by all rules and regulations, whether permanent or temporary.
Q: I have an inspection scheduled with an appraiser, but due to the ongoing concerns with the Coronavirus, I don't feel comfortable with someone inside my home, do I have options?
A: We may be able to offer alternative appraisal types based off the loan program type, contact your Mountain West Financial Loan Officer with these concerns to see what options are available to you.
Q: I am/was in forbearance and would like to refinance or purchase a new home. What are my options?
A: Timelines for applying for a refinance or a new home purchase may vary depending on your situation
- If you requested forbearance and continued to make payments, or made a lump sum payment to bring your mortgage current once the forbearance period ended, you would be eligible immediately to apply for a home loan.
- Homeowners who entered into a loss mitigation solution - such as a repayment plan, payment deferral, or loan modifications are eligible to apply for a new home loan (purchase or refinance) after three timely payments.
We are here to support you! If you have any questions that were not addressed, please email your questions to firstname.lastname@example.org.